HQ4 Clippers Showcase Baseball
CLICK HERE for HQ4 Clippers Showcase Player Profiles
The goal of our Showcase Program is to teach quality high school players about the intricate details of the game. We will supply the players with the knowledge needed to advance their game to the highest level, while playing a showcase style schedule. (Impact, Dynamic, Perfect Games, Upstate Mavericks, etc) Teams will be doing some traveling, such as East Cobb, Fort Myers, etc. to ensure we enter the highest level of competition as well as the greatest chance for exposure to college coaches.
Showcase Program Details:
- Professional Coaching Staff:
18U Head Coach- Spencer Stecher - Ardrey Kell Varsity Assistant and Head JV Coach. Coach Stecher is also the player development coordinator for Clippers program and has over 16 years of coaching experience.
17U Head Coach- Jamal Kinard - played college baseball at Gardner-Webb University under head coach Rusty Stroupe and is currently the head coach of Phillip O. Berry High School's Varsity Baseball team. Coach Kinard has been a head coach in the Clippers program for 4 seasons.
16U Head Coach - Joey Robinson - played baseball at Providence High School in Charlotte before receiving a scholarship to play at Applachian State University, where he played in over 180 games in his 4 year college career. Since college, Joey has been an instructor for Doyle Academy and recently joined the coaching staff at Ardrey Kell High School as an assistant for Hal Bagwell. Joey is entering his 5th season as a head coach in the Clippers Program.
- 2 Practices per week: Teams will practice twice a week primarily on real baseball fields, with some indoor practices at HQ4 Baseball in Charlotte, NC.
- Target Training Sessions: Players will receive additional instruction during Targeted Training sessions on a specific detail of baseball. (i.e.- Hitting, Pitching, Throwing, Base Running, Fielding,
- Clippers Handbook: Each player will also receive a 60 page Clippers handbook detailing the game of baseball as well as all rules and responsibilities as a Clippers player.
- Post Season Individual Skills Assessment: Following each season, every player will receive a 30 minute individual skills assessment meeting. This will identify strengths as well as areas for improvement with their parents present during the meeting.
- Membership to HQ4: The Clippers Program includes a membership at the HQ4Baseball Facility for the season, which enables you to come use the facilities for free whenever space is available.
Al Dahlgren- President - The program is managed by, Al Dahlgren, owner of HQ4Baseball. Al has over 18 years experience in youth baseball, managing leagues and travel teams, and developing training programs that have helped players prepare for the next level of competition.
Spencer Stecher- Player Development Coordinator - Coach Stecher is currently the head JV coach and assistant varsity coach at one of the top programs in all of North Carolina, Ardrey Kell High School. He has 16 years experience coaching players from the youth to the collegiate level, and has over 11 years experience running travel ball programs.